News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Warwickshire Regiment Field Blouse

Picked this little lot up....WWII pair and Palestine 1945-48 GSM...named to Edward Tookey...came with some photos and other bits including the field blouse..the insignia on the blouse have confused me...it has cloth patch on both sleeves small White triangle within a black triangle,( 1st division infantry?????) and a REME sleeve badge....the blouse has his name inside but it's not the one he is wearing in the photos...can anyone shed any light on why these badges are present? ..thanks in advance 

Chris

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.  If there are different badges on the tunic in his photos then I would assume a transfer at some point in his career.  The divisional patch would be that of the formation to which his company was attached and the hammer and pinchers badge indicates that he was a fitter by trade, I think.  Hope that is some help.

Peter

Peter, the blouse he is wearing in the photo is 1940 pattern , this one is 1949 pattern with some modifications.....my main question was regarding the role of the royal warwickshires in Palestine 45-48.... The sleeve badge (hammer & pincers) is the REME badge..I'm wondering if he was attached to the REME....chris