News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

North Africa - Disturbing News

I was recently reading an article on developments in Libya.   From reports coming-in , it would seem that the various insurgent forces are deliberately defacing and breaking down the various graves and monuments erected in cemetaries around this part of North Africa  -  mostly from the Battles of WW2.    Each Country tends to look after it's own graves  -  with British ones coming under the War Graves Commission.

I wonder if any pressure can be brought to bear on these savages  ?     Mervyn

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, Mervyn, I suspect protests, public or otherwise would be more likely to encourage further outrages than the opposite as, like ISIS, the modus operandi of the various jihadists seems to be to deliberately outrage the West in hopes of provoking a reaction which they can characterize as 'ant-Muslim', 'imperialist' and so on.  Ugly, hateful but with a certain low cunning!

For me seeing the suffering of the kids in the areas under their control is the most disturbing thing.... but when we see everything else they destroy, is there any reason to believe monuments would be spared? :-(  Especially when they actively destroy Muslim Mosques etc as well.....