News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French Foreign Legion Ex - Yougoslavie medal bar 2

dedehansen

Hi,

Its not possible.... He would be missing the Saudi and Kuwaiti medals he would have with the "Moyen Orient" bar.... and to have served from the Gulf to the Ivory coast he would have had to be in for over 13 years.... and would have usually had the Defense National in Gold I think?.... Also he would have had to have the Overseas assistence bar on the Defence national....

Hi,

Its not possible.... He would be missing the Saudi and Kuwaiti medals he would have with the "Moyen Orient" bar.... and to have served from the Gulf to the Ivory coast he would have had to be in for over 13 years.... and would have usually had the Defense National in Gold I think?.... Also he would have had to have the Overseas assistence bar on the Defence national....

Hi Chris,

I didn´t know this, but these medals came with the bar, but

they weren´t fixed, therefor I thought that they don´t belong to the bar.

Regards

Andreas

Hello,

All is correct.

Service in foreign legion and infantry

Three missions in Africa and three in Balkans.

Regards

Francois

Hi Fancois, sorry ​not possible... Moyenne Orient is only for Operation Daguet... he would HAVE to have had the Saudi and Kuweiti medals as well... And between the Gulf war and the Ivory Coast bar there are 13 Years... so he would HAVE to have the Defense National in Gold... (10 Years service and 800 points being the criteria)... also the Defense National would have to have the "Missions d'assistance extérieure" bar.

Chris,

The Bar Moyen-Orient was also given for operations Libage (Provide-Comfort) from 1991 to 1996.

There are other possibilities to get it without the medals of the Gulf War, i.e. 30 days in Saudi Arabia, before the entry in Irak.

Regards.

Hi,

but not as a Legionnaire, especially not Legion Infantry. All the Infantry Elements involved in Daguet recieved the Gulf War medals, and no Legionnaires were involved in Provide comfort.

Here is my bar... the SAudi Medal was awarded pretty soon after the Gulf, the Kuweit one sometime after 1994 (I was already Civilian by then) .

The Infantry bar is also a bit problematic... usually the Legion infantry does not wear the Infantry bar.

Best

Chrismine.thumb.jpg.13a566a8a34fa720cb2d1a53c

There is no logical reason why the Saudi Medal is not mounted, and the one with the group never was. The things were handed out, and by the next Parade or Guard you HAD to have it mounted. No questions, no excuses. It is possible that he was transfered to Djibouti or Guyane and missed UNPROFOR, but my gut feeling says this was a bar of 6 awarded to a Support unit and that the bars on the Defence National were changed to sexy it up. Maybe the original bar on the DN was "Soutien des forces aériennes" or "Service des essences" where a "Moyen Orient" without the Gulf war bars was possible... and that was removed and the Legion bar added.

Sorry, I am not an Expert, but for Legion bars 1990-95 I think I have a very good feeling for kosher, nor kosher...

End of 94 you should see a bit of wear on the medals... and the Kuwaiti medal was not yet awarded, just the Saudi.... check the condition on the top bar, all the medals brand new....  Check out the condition here.... this is "Normal wear", the finish to the Outre Mer and DN suffer pretty fast... the ones on the top bar are fresh out of the box...ff.thumb.jpg.ea06a5b4ff386aa0c453679c76b