Gentleman's Military Interest Club

:D

My 10 U-Flottille emblem. Size 33 mm X 20 mm

0001cm8.jpg

doshd0.jpg

This one was found in Lorient in 1978 among artifacts from an old french FFI resistant who fought in Lorient in 1944/1945.

I think that it's french made one.

Regards

Ben

Thank you all for sharing! Michel, as always, has fabulous pieces... I really like these informal badges, but I am always concerned about originality if there is no provenance.

Here are some of my traditions badges. These all came with document groupings and I have the U-Boat man's name attributed to each piece.

First is U-997. This belonged to Vinzenz Koller. As Herr Koller told it and included on page 161 of Georg H?gel's seminal book "U Boat Emblems of World War II 1935-1945": "Our boat's emblem was the "Red Racer" - named after the bicycle, which - lashed fast below the upper deck - accompanied us from our training voyages to Hammerfest."

Edited by Erik Krogh

U-262. The H?gel book quotes Kommandant Heinz Franke as indicating that the "flying sword" represents a "comradely relationship" between the boat and fighter pilots of the 2nd Jagd-Gruppe Ost, which was being trained at La Rochelle.

Great items everyone.Erik,it is nice that you have the provenance to go with your pieces.This is the only one i have from the 1st U-Flottile.

Regards,Martin.