News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 239
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joe....I've had a search through my books as well and can't find any info on this emblem. As you and Martin have said, possibly U-Boat (Hogels book as good as it is, isn't a complete work) or from a surface vessel unit.

KR.....Peter

Fellow Researchers:

This one has me stumped. I've looked quite a bit. I am hoping someone will be able to recognize this tradition badge.

Thanks for any assistance.

Joe

Hey Joe, while I was surching through my literature I found the emblem

it´s the emblem of the 2. Vorpostenflottille.There is an discription in

the German Internationales Militaria-Magazin No. 82 from april 1996

written by Eric Lefevre and Bertrand Malvaux

Regards

Andreas

• 3 weeks later...

Cap emblem from U- 653 worn by Funkmeister Herbert Kupfermann. He

was living near my hometown and I got it directly from him 10 years ago.

Andreas

Great emblem, Andreas! I have a wooden plaque of this same logo from Funkmeister Kupfermann's estate.

Best Regards,

Erik

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...

Hello,

here is the badge for which I threw the dice.

It has a story behind, but I am not relying on it but only on the badge which looked OK after I got better photos.

It's weight is 4.00 grams, length 43,73 cm / 1.721 inch, width is 27,61cm / 1.102 inch

composition.jpg

• 2 years later...
    Hey there!
    I saw an interesting topic on the forum and want to show that I have
    I collect the German divisional Badges and among them is my cockade related to your topic;)
    I have identified three Badges and fourth can`t define maybe you can help me in defining;)
    If someone has divisional Badges and wants to exchange them for these icons, you are welcome;)
    6450059.jpg
    0Ceh93uYe0.jpg

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 2 years later...
    On 23/01/2008 at 21:12, Erik Krogh said:

Here's an interesting tradition badge: the Mercedes 3-point star. It is very small (approximately 13 MM) and came in a lot from Detlev Niemann that also included a very finely board-made U-boat in brass (very heavy, for use on a plaque), some photos of U-Boat crews with Albrecht Brandi as CO, and a small folded paper "paper hat" with U-107's "4 aces" logo.

I just came across a photo of what is apparently the same small Mercedes insignia being worn by an officer on U-195. U-195 was one of only two Type IX D-1 boats (the other being U-180). If I remember correctly, both of these boats utilized experimental Mercedes diesel engines, hence the Mercedes star as a tradition badge.

Here is a sampling of the group, with the Mercedes badge on top.

GMIC_Mercedes_Group1.jpg

GMIC_Mercedes_Group1.jpg

Erik,

I think this specific paper folded boat does show the emblem of U-3003/U-3013  (see attached picture). I merely wonder as to what the words "Edit Ihrens" mean. Is it a woman's name? 

image.png

On 20/03/2012 at 18:23, dedehansen said:

jpg685.jpg

Cap emblem from U- 653 worn by Funkmeister Herbert Kupfermann. He

was living near my hometown and I got it directly from him 10 years ago.

Andreas

one week ago I stumbled upon this cap badge, 4 days too late for my personal gain, because it was already sold. It, however, reminded me of the cap badge that dedehansen had once posted in this forum. They look very similar, but this one has a pin on its flipside, 

image.png.d2b70e29983ff257e51bb3ae6fec9187.png

Great thread Gents!

Here are three ground dug cap emblems that my brother found with metal detector in former KM naval base in Swinoujscie (Swunemunde). All three were attached to the same cap (or to what was left of it). In the same pit he also found zinc unmarked u-boat badge (Meybauer) and zinc Schwerin u-boat clasp. Sorry for bad images. I may ask him to take better pictures if needed.

Cheers,

Hubert

1351026459_p1020808__900x675_.jpg

1351026299_p1020812__900x675_.jpg

On 21/01/2019 at 22:57, Bubba_Z said:

Great thread Gents!

Here are three ground dug cap emblems that my brother found with metal detector in former KM naval base in Swinoujscie (Swunemunde). All three were attached to the same cap (or to what was left of it). In the same pit he also found zinc unmarked u-boat badge (Meybauer) and zinc Schwerin u-boat clasp. Sorry for bad images. I may ask him to take better pictures if needed.

Cheers,

Hubert

1351026459_p1020808__900x675_.jpg

1351026299_p1020812__900x675_.jpg

U-1063?   Or perhaps a Kriegsmarine surface ship?  The cat reminds me of U-48 etc. but the fleur-de-lis tell me they are of french (paris) origin. They are probably not u-boat cap badges, if cap badges at all. For they only sport one boring hole. Again, the lilies are rather French than Teutonic.

fleur de lis.jpg

fleur de lis 2.jpeg

The original U-223 crew badge cap badge with original color versus the repro one with the brown cup and green/white background.1348882787_fakebadges.jpg.86f41cc7cd6a9783dfe8db65f770f293.jpg1808708702_Schermafbeelding2019-01-26om23_16_29.thumb.png.c33bca7c11e547907114bf204dac548b.png

Please post original U-boat/U-boot Flotilla badges. Not only I am curious as to what the originals look like. It is important to keep them real, and tell fakes from real ones. There are too much fake badges/pins on Ebay et al. already.525987243_Schermafbeelding2019-01-26om23_32_31.thumb.png.983c807f49b61265c861a1ea4c97c85d.png

dimage.png.1c4ac399a3bb98a838208be6364f7462.png

Is this a real 5. U-Flottille badge? Or perhaps merely aged? The badge itself 

is copper so I think it is real, but do modern hoaxers shy away from the real?

Edited by IJSBEER