News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finding a Wehrmacht unit

I have researched and found where my Mom's 1st husband is buried by going through the red cross etc. I'd like to find out more about his death. He is buried in Waldrach, Germany near Trier. He died on March 15th 1945 and was with " 6.Pz.Gr.Btl.382." I cannot find any reference to this unit. Is it 6th panzer-grenadier battalion of the 382nd reg. ???? or 382nd battalion of 6th Pz-Gr ????  I know he was stationed in Giessen Germany where they met.

Story told by relatives is that he was wounded in France and was returning to Germany on an Ambulance train. It was strafed and he was killed. All my relatives are gone now so I cannot find out more.

If anyone would know what unit he was with and were they fought, it would be helpful. Thanks folks!

paul

The unit designation if written like that refers to the 6.Kompanie of Panzergrenadier-Bataillon 382 but I can not find any reference to that unit. There is also no unit even close to that listed as being stationed at Giessen.

Edited by hucks216

Thank you so much Gentlemen. Your replies are very helpful . Now I know the designation and can further look into the larger formations this "Truppenteil" was assigned to.  I also know that 6th Panzer Division was destroyed on the Russian front  earlier than my search.