News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New (to me) medals.

ray11

As usual looking for some help on a couple of medals 1st is what i believe to be called a WAFA medal (flower?) I know nothing of it . 2nd is a princely medal not sure might be 3rd class? wow the only one i could find was the second one. I will have to look another day. thanks all.

DSCN0543.JPG

Ray, This is a medal from Princely state of Bahawalpur (now in Pakistan) and is, I think, the Kot Sabzal Campaign Medal of 1931 only issued in silver. If you can show the reverse the tentative identification can be confirmed. The medal can then be reposted in the Pakistan. Regards, Owain 

Very Nice, It is from Bahawalpur an Indian Princely state now in Pakistan. It is the Kot Sabzal medal issued for the campaign in the North West Frontier from 1930-31 in which Bahawalpur IS forces were heavily involved. The reverse is most attractive. Quite a few of   these are named on the rim. Is yours named. I have been after one for a while.

All the best,

Paul

Owain yes its not good but until i get back to where it is it will have to do. next week perhaps. I did find the photo of the first one reverse and a couple of others that might be interesting. best to all,Ray

DSCN0600.JPG

DSCN0601.JPG

DSCN0603.JPG

Very Nice, It is from Bahawalpur an Indian Princely state now in Pakistan. It is the Kot Sabzal medal issued for the campaign in the North West Frontier from 1930-31 in which Bahawalpur IS forces were heavily involved. The reverse is most attractive. Quite a few of   these are named on the rim. Is yours named. I have been after one for a while.

All the best,

Paul

Ray, The medal with the camel on the reverse is the Bahawalpur North West Frontier Medal of 1920. The "kidney" shaped medal is the Jammu and Kashmir medal of 1895. The one with the ruler Sadiq Mohammed Khan wearing a fez is probably one of a series of service medals, but I need to see the reverse to identify which variant - the ribbon may be incorrect. The one with the anchor is unclear but appears to be some form of sport/prize medal. Regards, Owain

This is, I think,  Afghan - probably from the reign of the last King Mohammed Zaher Shah, reigned 1933-73, but the detail is unreadable. Regards, Owain 

​Afghanistan Order of the Sirdar, not sure of the class off hand.

Paul

The Jammu and Kashmir Medal for the Defence of Chitral is frequently copied, there are two basic types , the one made by Gurney and Co and also locally made pieces, both can be named and are quite sought after. I have a named locally made piece.

Paul