News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need help (Identifying ribbons)

I recently bought a lot of British medalbars and ribbons and there are a few I can't identify. I hope someone here can help me.

I noticed there were some American ones in the lot as well so I'm not sure all of these medals are British.

IMG_3124.jpg

1) Victory Medal 14-18  + ?  +  ?

2) British War Medal  +  Victory Medal 14-18  +  ?

3) British War Medal  +  ?  +  Long Service and Good Conduct Medal (Navy)(?)

IMG_3125.jpg

?  +  France and Germany Star  +  Defence Medal  +  War Medal 1939-1945  +  Efficiency Medal

IMG_3126.jpg

1) ?  +  ?

2) ?  +  ?

Thank you very much, dante, for the quick reaction.

Whas it common that a British received the order of the nile?

And do you know the four on the last photo as well?

It seem that I forgot a photo as well:

Unfortunatly there are some ribbons missing.

I only need the one on the first line, the others I was able to find.

IMG_3127.jpg

Yes not uncommon for officers, the last four are; 1937 jubilee, RN auxiliary service medal The two underneath are unknown...not South African or Indian.

The large bar is a CB, missing two ribbons, ( my guess is WW1 pair) 39 star, Africa star (missing number 1 or 8) France and Germany star, War medal missing a mention in despatches, Korea missing mention in despatches, UN Korea missing two medals ( I would guess a coronation and a foreign award) 

Sorry to be pedantic but the No 3 is British War Medal, 1935 Jubilee Medal, RN LS&GC

Miniature ribbons are 1935 Jubilee, France & Germany Star, Defence & War Medals, Efficiency Medal (Territorial)

Loose ribbons - first is 1937 Coronation Medal (not able to identify the remainder - non UK awards)

Thanks Odin and Lukaz

@Lukaz:

Are there variatons in color with these ribbons? The "Six Day War" and the "Sinai Campaign" ribbons seems to have a different color than the ones I can google. While the "Sinai Campaign" ribbon should have red between the dark and light blue it has the same color as the sides (a orange/flesh-like color) and the "Six Day War" has no red at both sides.

I looked at the back of the ribbons (that is not exposed to the light) and it looks more or less the same as the color in the front, a little lighter but not the red it should be.

Also, is it possible that these three Israeli medals belonged to one man (or woman)? I noticed that that these ribbons have traces of rust on the back so they might be from the same medal bar, since no other ribbon in this lot has it.