News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Garde Grenadier Regiment Nr 1

Hello Jock.

Thanks for showing these documents.

The fourth doc. shows that the man reported as required as " Unter???" , signed by a Bezirksfeldwebel or the NCO in charge of a district's mustering-in of new recruits and other administrative matters such as periodic training call-ups of reserve personnel.

One doc shows the signature of a Second Lt. as substitute battalion commander/leader. As often times shown promotion in the German Army during WW I was slow to non existing, companies  usually commanded by 2nd Lt.'s once the huge losses in officers during the opening months of the war were incurred and battalions by captains and 1st Lt.'s. The one doc shows your man being present in the war zone for a short duration so one may ask what did he do the rest of the time or did I miss something?

Bernhard H. Holst

Bernhard,

Thanks for the help, I don't think you missed anything but his Pass or Soldbuch is not there so it is just an insert like the ones you often see pasted into the books so we will never know I suppose.

Cheers.