News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I don't recall if I have ever shown this one.  I have only ever seen this one.  A mod can move it along perhaps to the appropriate section. Perhaps for going "above and beyond" your RAD duty?  PS  What do you make of the bent over tabs on the reverse? Attachment of a ribbon perhaps?

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

Edited by BURGERHAUS

That's new one for me...  It looks like the "Pionier" clasp is attached to the pin plate by way of the tabs,  which would mean (and it's only a guess) that there must have been other clasps that could have been earned for this type of pin.

Robert,

I have seen a couple like yours and others, can't recall just what the others depicted. A tank is a foggy possibility. Seems there was a series of pins. Usually see them grouped with tinnies. Think one stated fit for service or something like that.

I also feel yours is a two part piece.

--dj--Joe

Went looking - found a couple - one was plastic with the folded metal plate stating Jnfanterie. Depicted an eagle above and a helm., rifle, bayonet and oak leaves below.

The other - in metal, depiction was also an eagle above but below a helm. with a bayonet and different oak leaves. The folded metal plate stated Wehrfabig I think? It was rusty.

One more - in metal, had the RAD or FAD emblem (no swaz.), depicted within a shield shape below the plate stating Reserve hat rue.

One other - in metal different eagle above. Helm. and bayonet in circle with different leaves below. Plate/bar plaque whatever is correct stated Jnfanterie.

I would bet Wood knows much more about these than I do.

Edited by --dj--Joe
    More info.

Robert,

Looking backwards through the General Tinnie Database I ran across one on page 34 and another on page 33

and that's where I stopped looking. :)

--dj--Joe

In my earlier post I can now correct Wehrfabig to Wehrfahig.

Edited by --dj--Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know a great deal about these .

Wehrfahig means able bodied or, more likely, fit for service. There are several types of these.

As to the badges with the attached plate, I have never seen a RAD one before, but have always thought that the attached plaque it indicates the service into which the person will be going.

Perhaps they were even worn by reservists when in mufti??

Regards,

Pete

Edited by Wood