News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guys,

These are all private pictures annotated on the reverse place and date of taking.  They are all from August 36.

I kind of like the Flag tower thing that is going on.  The others remind me of the film 'Fatherland', the book was better though.

random.jpg

Hello Jock.

Interesting photos you hunted up.

It seems to be about the time leading up to the 1936 Olympic Games. The very last is of the stadium where most of the games took place. In the foreground the thingy where the flame was displayed. The very first a government building, perhaps Goering's air ministry? If so this and the Olympic Stadium grounds were defended until close to the end of the fighting in Berlin April/May 1945.

The tall tower part of the Olympic Stadium but not sure. The " flag tower" is a new one on me, never saw that before. Impressive and shows the output of what must have been a thriving manufacturing part besides Krupp.

Thanks for showing these.

Bernhard H. Holst