News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Decorations for US airforce Men

Chris Boonzaier

Chris

Thank you for the information. A few comments :

The American NCO who received the Legion of honor clearly risked his life and a number of French airmen (one woman I believe) owed their lives to his brave action. The award of the Legion of honor to an NCO is a VERY unusual procedure, probably due to the fact that this galant airman was not a French Citizen. He certainly deserved the highest award available and I am glad the French Government did the right thing .

The other four American airmen received the gold level National Defense Medal which is the equivalent of a Croix de guerre or a Croix de la Valeur militaire for gallantry in peacetime.

I would be interested to know if these five men received recognition from the Italian Government and/or from the US Aiforce. They certainly are a credit to their Country.

Regards

Veteran

• 2 weeks later...