News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Strange Afghan Medal? Maybe Tab made?

Lion101

Hello, I got this medal from a seller on ebay who said that he got it from a veteran that brought it back from the war zone in Afghanistan. Would anyone happen to have a clue as to what it's for?

Thank you for viewing the item

back3.JPG

back1.JPG

Back2.JPG

back.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning from Riyadh, The shape and in part the design of this medal appears similar to and taken from the Loyalty or Merit medals of the 1960's from the reign of Mohammed Zaher Shah. I cannot read the upper word on the reverse but the lower word appears to be "khidmat" (service). The obverse bears a map of Afghanistan and an inscription above and below but this is unclear. Notwithstanding its poor manufacture and amateur ribbon it is an interesting piece. Regards, Owain,

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning from Riyadh, The shape and in part the design of this medal appears similar to and taken from the Loyalty or Merit medals of the 1960's from the reign of Mohammed Zaher Shah. I cannot read the upper word on the reverse but the lower word appears to be "khidmat" (service). The obverse bears a map of Afghanistan and an inscription above and below but this is unclear. Notwithstanding its poor manufacture and amateur ribbon it is an interesting piece. Regards, Owain,

Hello Owain,

It is good to hear from you. Thank you for your help. I am starting to think that this is a more current reissue of the old service medal.

Were they all this poorly cast?

Paul

Hello Paul,

Are you talking about this medal or other Afghan medals?