News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Keith B,

With regard to your posts #141 & #142, I can?t help but wonder if the two pinback crosses are superimposed. They are both straight up and down, absolutely head on and there are no shadows on them.

We have seen examples of this being done in other photographs, usually with PlM?s. I do not mean this as criticism (it is not detracting); just a sort of technical point.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Posted in the "Rolls" thread, my contribution to Reuss phaleristics:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1640...st&p=192033

Orders and decorations of the Principality of Reuss-Schleiz (Reuss j?ngere Linie) listed in the Amts- und Verordnungsblatt, 1915-1918

These are primarily civil decorations, although many are on the war ribbon, and one Lifesaving Medal was to a Flieger for saving the life of an NCO. Mostly awards of the various grades of the Honor Cross, the merit crosses and medals, plus 4 Lifesaving Medals, 3 Medals for Art and Science, and one with a really long name I can't remember right now (for females for war aid).

I also should be adding a supplement with non-Reuss decorations also gazetted in the Amts- und Verordnungsblatt. These are mainly from Mecklenburg-Schwerin, along with a few from Saxony, Bavaria and the other Thuringian states.

• 1 year later...

Here is a late one to this thread. Maybauer made war cross with screw- back. Medal is marked twice 925 cross plate is 500 and screw plate is 800. Private made piece. Feg1.

:love:

Didn't know that Meybauer ventured into other decorations.

Edited by RaZpuTiN

• 1 month later...
    • 2 years later...

Hi everybody,

It's an old thread but how interresting. I have put some Reuß items through forum and I decide to reunite them here.

I begin with photo

First one is Hauptmann Henning with Reuß Ehrenkreuz 3. Kl. m X

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle