News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A recent ebay pick up, a possible police collection (see note on leaving 'the force' in 1907), lots of pages removed from the front unfortunately. Posted for interest's sake and to hear your thoughts! Just one of those things I couldn't resist purchasing.

IMG_2917.thumb.JPG.4611cd313a041d6300da1IMG_2919.thumb.JPG.815f1e4ac446cc6fc8a90IMG_2920.thumb.JPG.603ce5214152d55ac295cIMG_2921.thumb.JPG.997dd6e92530ffdd0d3d0IMG_2922.thumb.JPG.71c373802993c29885895IMG_2923.thumb.JPG.bba1f6433f9fd52563448

All Police Officers are subject to the Official Secrets Act and issued notebooks have to be handed-in when completed.  There are also strict rules about using notes that might identify an arrested person.  What you have are the leather casings for the notebook  -  all relevant notes have been deleted.    Because of this ruling official notebooks are extremely rare - although can be inspected on request at their storage site.

If a notebook still has notes that may be required in a future trial it is left with the officer  -  when I left this had been the case with all of my notebooks and I still had them in my locker.  I still have them today  -  a rare record of my service.   Needless to say they remain under lock and key, but still make fascinating reading after my leaving 41 years ago.    I have seen very old ones come on the market  -  and also Specials from the wars.   Most of them are so boring you could fall asleep over warnings for blackouts and riding bikes with lights.   Mervyn 

• 1 month later...

A photo of a Met notebook case. Very soft, fine leather, originally stamped to D division / No. 65. Subsequently over-stamped to C division / No 110. The department generally got their money's worth out of its equipment. I have a more recent issue around here somewhere.

FullSizeRender-4.jpg