News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My favorite Afrika Korps Portrait

Hello all,

here some eye candy for you guys :cheers:

My favorite Afrika Korps Portrait - a young Unteroffizier with Pith helmet, Infantry Assault badge, Iron Cross 2nd class and an unknown ribbon bar.

Maybe someone here can tell me what the ribbon is.

Greetings

Stefan

i.jpg

h.jpg

I seems to have one broad part in the middle with a border on either side of a different colour(s). I was going to suggest the Anschluss Medal but I think the border colours for that have the border parts in a different order, i.e. white, black, white on either side but the image seems to suggest black, white, black (or rather dark, light, dark).

Perhaps you could do a close up of the ribbon as I just loose resolution when I zoom in.  There is a dark patch center that might indicate where an eagle may have been or is that just how it looks on my screen?

Thanks, after looking for a while online this is the most plausible! 

First i were a little confused about the service ribbons - i thought those both service ribbons had a rad or Police device. 

totaly forgot that the lower Grades of those dont have a device 

Edited by Uffz. Rohleder