News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...Got some nice stuff. This one arrived today. I bought it on a Auction.

My second one with Braunschweig addition. The Henry Lion II. looks good. Between 1912- 1918 only a few hundred were awarded. I think he got it in this era.

SDC15648.JPG

Thanks ! I should ask Dave D. if it would be possible to ID the bar.

I think he was prussian, not a citizen of Braunschweig

Edited by ixhs

That is quite the "looker".  I saw that one as well.

That Braunschweig looks great on anything.  I would guess it was mounted for civilian wear and not navy.  I wonder who this guy is?  I hope you can identify him!  Perhaps it will lead to understanding what he did to earn his awards.

Thanks again.

What do we know about him? If he was an official he began after 1897 because of no Centenarmedal, seems that he was prussian.

He is not an Intendantur-guy , because he is not listed in the 1929 rank list. I think, that he was still alive in that time.

He got the war aid cross between 1917 - 1924. May be he got no 25 LSC because he was too young, that is also the reason why a RAO4 is missing.

May be he got the Henry II because of his civil merit (it has no X )

I have to look into the Siekmann.

Edited by ixhs

...Got some nice stuff. This one arrived today. I bought it on a Auction.

My second one with Braunschweig addition. The Henry Lion II. looks good. Between 1912- 1918 only a few hundred were awarded. I think he got it in this era.

SDC15648.JPG

can we please see the reverse...

I checked the Siekmann.. damn there are only recipients with BrH Ritter 2.Kl. and combinations of  RAO, KO or AEZ medals....

So i have to check the Brunswick book and the Staatshandbuch of 1918...

Or is he a civilian?....

Then the EK2 with combatant’s ribbon confuses me.  He was nowhere near the front and he gets a combatant award?  Do the regs indicate the award can be bestowed on combatant ribbon to individuals important to the war effort?  Nevertheless, I also believe this was mounted for civilian wear.

@IXHS I understand that the list of Henry II list is long,.  But what is the list you have?  Are there any details, like rank?  Who was the typical recipient in 1912-1918?

I have the Brunswick Staatshandbuch of 1915

There are different regulations between non combatant and combatant awards.

So for example the most of the officials in the war departments got the IC on combatant ribbon or other awards with X

but they were never on the frontline.

He could be an official or a civilian

Edited by ixhs

Here we have it. The Wilhelmskreuz is the version with "Für Kriegsverdienst".

So i think not a civilian. It also could be a higher rank, because all the medals

are given "ohne Rücksicht auf Rang und Stellung".

What do we know about him? No centenar 1897 no LSM/LSC so a younger guy., seems that he

was prussian or bavarian (pos. 3 bavarian medal) He was not a member of the War department, because the WK is a version without swords. I think he was still alive in 1935.

FFK.jpg

Edited by ixhs

Greetings ixhs,

Back to your Henry the Lion knight 2nd class for a moment.

If it is of any help, your badge is pre Jürgens which means that it was produced prior to the change of order jeweler/supplier from Siebrecht in April of 1912. It could, of course, be a recycled piece; but personally I feel that this unlikely.

Regards,

Wild Card