News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal ID Required Please

I am wondering if anyone can help to identify this medal please? I acquired a few Soviet era badges & medals for one of my nephews and this medal turned up among them. I collect German WW-2 paperwork so this is a totally unknown field for me and don't know what it is, what country it belongs to or even if it is genuine.

medal_001.thumb.jpg.393fe6f99c9652aede1amedal_002.thumb.jpg.b76637e23865300842c7

Dear Hucks,

This is the Syrian "Order of Training" - looks genuine and a relatively common medal.

Regards, Owain

See my file notes below:

Obverse - A five pointed star bearing a circular medallion depicting a trophy of arms representing the military consisting of a pair of wings a crossed anchor and rifle surmounted by a green helmet above which and extending onto the uppermost point of the star a flaming torch. To the right and left of the torch is the Arabic inscription, "To sweat in peace saves blood in war”. Below the trophy is the inscription, “Training Medal”.

Reverse - Blank.

Size - 40 mm

Metal - Anodized aluminium.

Ribbon - 36 mm of three equal stripes from the left of blue, light blue and light green. Further awards are indicated by a bronze oak leaf upon the ribbon.

Suspension - A loop through a ring affixed to the uppermost point of the star.

Instituted  - Legislative Decree # 453 of the 5th of March 1964. (This medal is awarded to all officers who are deemed worthy during the military training season. To qualify officers must have commanded a company or higher unit for at least one training year and should have contributed good service in all mobilisation exercises, practices, inspections and supervisory tours conducted by the General Command. Officers should also not have been subjected to more than 15 days punishment during the relevant training year nor have been absent for more than 60 days inclusive of leave and official duties.)