News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Inquiry about Mussolinis awards

Hi Peter,

Why rephrase- Mussolini was awarded the German Red Cross Decoration, Grand Cross, Special Class. ;) Not sure on the date, but I would assume 1936/1937, prior to the creation of the German Eagle Order.

Re: DAO Grand Cross- check the other thread on WAF. I have had a thought about this.

Best
    Pierce

Edited by P.F.

Thanks Pierce. Apparently there isn't consensus amongst the various authors whether it should be labelled Grand Cross or 1.class, hence the rephrase (and it cought your attention). I'm just trying to find the pieces of info, in order to build myself a plausible scenario. ;)

• 1 year later...
    3 hours ago, Claudio said:

http://www.iagiforum.info/viewtopic.php?t=11178

In the above mentioned link you will find some of Mussolini's orders that were confiscated during his escape attempt in April 45 to Switzerland. Now they are kept in a safe of the Banca d'Italia...

ciao,

C

Thank you for this link Claudio.

Kind regards
    Pierce

Claudio, thanks for the link, I do wish I knew Italian though. I read two different eye-witness accounts for the events around Mussolini's capture, one Italian partisan and one American soldier who belonged to the first US troops to enter the villa at Como. Non of them shred any light over the existence of the star in question and I'm curoius if there is any "paper-trail" regarding this piece.