News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ammo Box for two charges tropical?

Jock Auld

Hello Jock.

Interesting box. I cannot quite make out the meaning of the label seen here except that the " Tp" stands for Transport  not Tropical ( which would more likely be expressed as  "trop").

Of note is the tape which shows " Noch nicht zur Verarbeitung freigegeben". To me it says " not yet authorized to be worked up or used in production". So contents in this container are some product in a raw or unfinished state to be used in conjunction with other/additional components.

Wu may stand for Wurf i.e. Wurfgranate or launch grenade/ mortar grenade.

You come up with some rare items, I should say.

BTW: I use the German Military Dictionary, German-English/English-German, 1944 US War Department which has unfortunately only few abbreviations but over 30,000 terms.

Bernhard H. Holst

Bernhard,

Thanks for your steer, I have a German pal that has an extensive knowledge and collection of all things 'muni' he states as follows:

das ist die Bezeichnung ist für den Treibsatz einer 21cm Wurfgranate 42. (Tp) = Tropenmunition
    Habe Dir da eine Unterlage im Anhang beigefügt.

He included this extract from his files.

21cm Wgr 42 Spr.tif