News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

M17 helmet project

Depends on paint type there is/was a gent on Walhalla who knew someone who uses natural products his work is very good but don't have the details you may have to join and ask. I think its expensive you may have to balance the cost if you dont do it yourself. The only time I've tried something like this was to remove some household white paint where the helmet must have been left out when a room was painted, frankly I couldn't remove it had been on the helmet too long.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

What did you use to strip it back so far? I have two helmets with postwar paint and I'd like to give them that original look again.

I don't know how good the blokes are who said the decals are bad but as I have no idea about 3rd Reich stuff I'd also ask someone who knows his stuff to look at it in hand (if you know such a person) before carrying on back to the camo. Being able to somehow date the top coat would be good but failing all that and having the word of people who are 100% sure they're dodgy decals, I'd personally strip it back.

Tony