News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two Accumulated Campaign Service Medals?

I recently attended an event and saw a soldier in number two dress, who was wearing two accumulated campaign service medals (wish I'd have taken a photograph). I'd never seen this before and am curious to know whether it's a common sight these days or whether his group was unique?

Yes, as they keep changing the medal.....every time you qualify for a bar you get a new medal, the same will happen if they change the LSGC to account for "Officers" LEs will get another medal .....funny old world

It has already happened to the LSGC Medal.  The Army LSGC Medal (up to 1930) had no provision for the award of a bar so a man who received the medal prior to 1930 would not receive a bar to that medal but rather receive the Military LSGC Medal (post 1930).  The man who received the group below was awarded the Army LSGC Medal in the Army Order of 31 October 1929 (as a WO 2, RA) and the Military LSGC Medal in the London Gazette of 23 June 1950 (as a Major (QM), RA).

Lashly.jpg

Edited by Gunner 1