farmer

Chinese award identification

7 posts in this topic

Gentlemen,

Chinese awards are not my cup of tea, would anyone be able to identify this particular one? Any info would be great. Ribbon is only partial but appears to be of age and could be original. There is quite a bit of wear to it and I am hoping it is not a recent forgery. There is a 'vent' hole at the bottom of the rim, it appears to be hollow which would explain the 'vent'  hole. It appears to be of lower grade silver (although I did not test for it) with light gilding. I read through most of the topics in this section but cannot find exact one like it. Thank you in advance.

Chinese.JPG

Original.

Made in silver.

Issued by Sichuan warlord Luo Peijin.

Best,

Nick

Here is our boy in full glory 

20131213152641116.thumb.jpg.40ad7ed6327d

Nick,

That was quick !!! Thank you very much. Do you know if this was indeed issued/made during his life - I read up a bit on him and the source I read said that he was a Governor of the Sichuan between 1916-1917, killed in 1922.  Would this be some kind of commemorative or other award?

Yes, I believe it was issued during his short "reign"

Reverse bears three words 

紀 - Discipline

令 - Order

章 - medal 

;)

ID: 5   Posted (edited)

Nick,

Thank you again! I take it, it would be anyone's guess how many such medals were awarded.

Edited by farmer
mistake

To me it looks like 紀念章, which just means Commemorative medal. Usually these warlords are always commemorating something :lol: