News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andreas,

The first one is a Bavarian general's collar insignia. The specific general rank would be denoted by the shoulder boards. Officially, this pattern was used by the Bavarians until, during the war, they were supposed to change to the Prussian pattern.

Andreas,

The first one is a Bavarian general's collar insignia. The specific general rank would be denoted by the shoulder boards. Officially, this pattern was used by the Bavarians until, during the war, they were supposed to change to the Prussian pattern.

Thanks for explaning chip, but so we are talking about WWI ?!

Here is a Bavarian general with different general`s collar insignia.

562a660234a4a_ak_Waldersttten_v.thumb.jp

Kind regards

Andreas

Andreas,

The collar and cuffs you have shown in your photo are an earlier pattern for Bavarian generals. "Das Deutsche Heer" shows the style in your photo. This book supposedly covers the blue uniforms up to 1914. The insignia for the M1910 feldgrau Waffenrock was that shown above.

Chip

This is a great topic. As Chip pointed out, there are 1910 and 1916 Bavarian general's collar tabs. The later are patterned on the Prussian model but in silver as typical for Bavaria.

I will post two examples. Both of these tunics are from the same Bavarian general but the name was hidden by the family at time of sale. I own one and another member owns the other.

On the top is the 1910 tunic and on the bottom is his 1916 tunic.

2006-01-01 23.35.01.jpg

2012-05-30 06.20.22.jpg

BTW, I never get around to preparing my torso with padding to make my tunics look at good as most of you. I certainly need to.

Bavarian general in 1916 pattern and he is a Prinz but can recall name at the 2012-12-16_18.49.53.thumb.jpg.a347432b7e

Edited by ccj

• 3 weeks later...

The owner is a forum member. Maybe he will join in and explain the tunic and offer more detail.

its very rare to find uniforms with non Prussian collar tabs.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by ccj

Lovely display and super nice tunic. That tunic is from the same grouping I referred to.These items came out of a huge grouping to the general.

Edited by ccj

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know the dimensions, colors, material etc of the Saxon Imperial army general collar tab insignia in these pictures?  There is someone on eBay who can make them for me; however, I can not give the information to him since I do not have that kind of information.  Thank you.

Saxon general rank.JPG

Saxon general rank 2.jpg

Edited by Iron Cross Diamonds