News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I know right off the bat that this will have some who think it good, and some who think it bad. Here is my thinking

Negatives

- Private piece

- No period thing to compare it to

- Does not have to be WW1

- Darker color

- We will never know for sure

Positives

- Material is good

- Obviously old and worn

- Collar and fittings very "Military"

- Piping looks very kosher

Neutrals

- Traces that other buttons were originally on this, 2cm to the left of where they are now.

I personally like this a lot, but I did not find it in a barn or get it from the family, so I cannot say "its a sure thing!" ... What do you guys think?

563240763a954__57.thumb.JPG.e6ad1bd54a52563240797bd33__57a.thumb.JPG.ed2fb91ab025632407c3a1d1__57aa.thumb.JPG.051cdfdfc25632407e66fe1__57qa.thumb.JPG.251657f8455632408092ccb__57s.thumb.JPG.6605300a98c5632408311d81__57ss.thumb.JPG.c564fbd4455632408706b5f__57sw.thumb.JPG.bee14c8cab

I think that top front button pattern is post W1 on the first garment. Commercial, used a lot by the Germans and English. Chris is that the remains of a hood? reminds me of the pre'1900? German mantel.

I like it send to me :)

Eric

Hi,

I think all the buttons were replaced at some stage. The shot that looks like the remains of a hood is actually the inside, little bit of shoulder-lining (If thats a word), there never was a hood on it. Thats another reason i think it was made for soldiers. It also never had a lining... it can be folded up really really small and fit in a pack.

Best

Chris

• 4 months later...

It looks interesting. I think green piping is also worn on traditional south German woolen wear. Never saw such a thing before, but who knows. Jäger overcoats were feldgrau, not graugrün.