News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NETHERLANDS WW2 MEDALS

These are the Commemorative War Cross (left) with the clasp JAVA-ZEE 1941-1942, for maritime actions in or near the Java Sea between December 1941 and February 1942. The medal right is the Cross for Order and Peace (strange name for a star shaped medal), with the clasp 1947. Both medals should be issued with clasps. However, the CWC was awarded without a clasp to persons who assisted the Allied Frorces as non-combattants (translaters, drivers, guides, etc.) in 1944/45.

Obviously the first recipient served in the Royal Netherlands Navy.

Odulf thank you for the information it is appreciated. Unfortunately the medal group is not mine. I am looking for a similar group to complete one I have to an officer in the South African Navy. This officer had previous service in the Royal Netherlands Naval Reserve in WW2 being captured by the Japanese in Batavia 4th March 1942.

Adrian