News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Metropolitan police cert.. 1829 - 1929

Thank you , The gentlemen who sadly passed away melvyn from this site , he posted some information and pictures on his blog from 2011 , now he stated they are rare and A4 size, well mine is just under A3 size . My late mother took it to scotland yard in london in the 80,s and they said they never seen one , how true this is i don't know.

Those I have seen have all been A3. The staff at Scotland Yard who your mother spoke to were not likely to have been particularly active in collecting police historical items and indeed it is more than probable that they had never before seen one. If I were to walk into the Police HQ of my local force and take with me an historical police artefact from the 1920's with local connections and seek their opinion on it I can guarantee that there would be no one in the building who could tell me anything about it, and in all probability they are not likely to have ever seen one before. If your mother had sought out the curator of the Met. Police Historical Museum (not at Scotland Yard) then she may have been in receipt of more helpful information. Whether they are "rare" or not is really a matter of opinion. The late Mervyn Mitton (you say) opined that they were rare, my view (and I've collected police historical items since the 1960's) is that there are a few about based upon what I've seen of them. I hope this is helpful.

Dave.