News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New book about the Alpenkorps in English!

Hi there! I'd like to share some great news with you:

A new book about the German mountain troops of WW1, the Alpenkorps ("Alpine Corps") is available now! The book was translated from German into English by no one other then the well known expert for German military ofWW1 and my good friend Marshall V. Daut (Iowa, USA). He did a superb job not only by translating the book, but also because he sliped in his great knowledge, which enriches the text even more.

You will get the first book in English which describes the Alpine Corps first mission in South Tyrol from May to October 1915! Basically, the 188-page book discusses the wartime circumstances that resulted in the forming of the Alkpenkorps to bolster Germany's Austrian ally in Tyrol on the Italian Front in 1915. You will find fascinating information about the Corps' formation, its early struggles, its combat and behind the lines life, and how the A-K has been perceived between the world wars and in modern literature. The scholarly, yet entertaining book is heavily annotated with footnotes and references, as this was originally my Master's Degree thesis that I expanded for his initial book.

What will you find in this book?

- 75 photos, mostly of Gebirgsjäger and skiers, but also some lanscape shots from South Tyrol which show the Alpenkorps in action. Marshall and I focused mainly on studio portraits which are great for uniform studies! There are also two maps added at the end of the book, to show where the Alpenkorps fought in summer 1915
    - all photos are described by Marshall with great photo captions that focus on the uniform specifics and specialties, again this is very good as a reference for uniform studies!
    - you get a timeline that shows the most important dates that concern the Alpenkorps battles and campaigns in WW1
    - Marshall and I added a glossary photos of German words and concepts that might be unfamiliar to the native English-speaker with little or no understanding of the German language and/or Germany's military traditions

At the moment the book will be firstly only available in Germany. Soon it will be also available (as paperback or e-book) in the US, UK, Canada and Australia (most likely via Amazon or other major online vendors)

How can I get a copy?

In the next days I will receive some copies from my publisher. You can buy a copy (if you wish, I'll sing it) directly from me for a price of 25€ + 3,45€ priority shippment (world wide!) or + 1€ shipping (if you live in Germany). Feel free to write me a PM or a message at my e-mail adress: immanuel_voigt at yahoo.de so that we can discuss the details. Thanks!

Payment is via SEPA money transfer (in Europe) or via Paypal (rest of the world).

If you need more information, feel free to write me!

Kind regards
    Immanuel

Alpine_Corps.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment the book will be firstly only available in Germany. Soon it will be also available (as paperback or e-book) in the US, UK, Canada and Australia (most likely via Amazon or other major online vendors)

Hallo Immanuel!

Du soltest schreiben, wann es auch in anderen Ländern verfügbar ist.