News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Expertise needed St. George cross 3rd class non-christians

HenkWillem

Dear all,

Last week I had to do a quick buy. I was offered this St. George cross 3rd class for non-Christians. The guy who sold it had "no idea" what is was. The only thing he could tell me is that he "dug this piece of metal up in Poland", after finding it with his metal detector. This was the only medal he was selling, all the other stuff were other findings he dug up. The price was really nice, so I had to act fast.

I have no idea about Russian Imperial medals, so I want to ask you all what do you think of this cross? Is it a valid one? And if so, is there a possibility to research the number (2065)? How many are there in total awarded?

I would like to thank you in advance for your time and effort and I am looking forward to an experts opinion!

img761.jpg

img762.jpg

Edited by TacHel

Hello Nick,

Thank you. Interesting to know that there are only 821 crosses awarded. Why in heaven's sake would a forger put such a high number on the cross... But one thing is sure, those forgers are good in letting something "feel" like old. 

Just now, paul wood said:

And preying on the ignorance of others.

Paul

You don`t have to pray for this. Usually it is a built-in feature.

Just now, Igor Ostapenko said:

my cross in bad condition :( 

Don`t be capricious :)

One of only 4619 ...

Edited by JapanX

• 1 year later...