News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pahlavi Order

g1usxs

I recently noticed that the hook and pins on the back of the attached Phalavi order are placed side ways. That is they are not in the same direction vis-a-vie the front of the medal. The pins and the hook of the medal are placed side ways! Would these orders end up as rejects by manufacture - in this case Arthus Bertrand. 

pahlaviOrder.jpg

Untitled22.pdf

Untitled.jpg

Edited by g1usxs

Thanks Mike. The center medallion is firmly in place and does not rotate whatsoever. Also, of course one can definitely tell which side is up and which down by looking at the enamel painting in front. 

Yes, yes, of course. I meant if there was any way apart from the center medallion to tell what is up and down (it looks symmetrical to me)?

If not, my bet is on that the medallion came loose at some point and someone fastened it without noticing the error.

/Mike

Great looking piece, by the way :D

hmmm good question Mike. I can't think of any! Your theory about medallion coming loose could be the case. Somehow i tend to think that it is more of maker's error. Of course i have no evidence of that. just a gut feeling.