News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just came into a couple of family medal bars that wanted to share.  I am new to the collecting memorabilia, so these were a pleasant surprise when I was given these by my mother.  Now to research the original bearers and the decorations themselves.  She even had all the documentation for the first set, so I am rather excited.

12273668_10206430273448038_7706749394442

12291850_10206430273848048_6929128083338

If I was a betting man, I would put money on the second bar as belonging to:

Major Christian Graf zu RANTZAU who was commanding the machine gun company of the 1. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß on mobilisation. The decorations fit exactly according to the information I have apart from the decorations of two former wartime enemies, which he has removed from his bar! (Italian Crown Order and a Rumanian Crown Order),

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J

Beautiful bars! Especially the first, so neately sewn together. I bet that on the back of the bar is the label of the Juweller Godet in Berlin... ;-)

Let me know if you are going to get bored about it... I'd be more than happy to find a new home for it! :-)

ciao,

Claudio

:love: :love:

Wow.  Either one of these bars would be an "eyeful".  I really like that you have the documents to the first bar.  That is a nice tidy roll of decorations.

The second bar is remarkable too.  Double Hohenzollern awards!  With swords!?!  Wonderful!  I see a little yellow peaking through.  Is there a gong missing?  The Wurttemburg Crown Order with swords on the ring is real gem.  Interesting that it is behind the HK.  I know those Saxon Herzog House Orders are large, but this one is really a giant next to his friends.  A later replacement?

I hope you can find who was the owner.