News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lets see your US miniature medal bars

Paul R

My main focus is US Coast Guard, but I do have a stray Navy set that really screamed for me to grab it.  Lets see your US mini medal bars. I just realized that I do not have a lot of miniature medal bars.  I will add my own and another set as soon as a can grab images.  I thought I had more.  :-(  anyway, lets see what you have. 

3 War Bar.jpg

CG Bar.jpg

Kolbeck.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

He Paul,

here my minis - you know them all but i hope its ok to post them here.

Two single Medals:

Defense Meritorious Service Medal - National Defense Service Medal

DSCI0217.jpg

DSCI0218.jpg

A 3 Place Cost Guard Mini Medal Bar

Cost Guard Good Conduct Medal / National Defense Service Medal /  Cost Guard Expert Rifleman Medal

DSCI0219.jpg

DSCI0220.jpg

A Two Place Mini Medal Bar - The Guy was in Service between 1947 and 1950

Army Good Conduct Medal / Occupation Medal with Air Lift Device

DSCI0221.jpg

DSCI0222.jpg

A 3 Place Mini Medal Bar

Army Commendation Medal / Army Achievement Medal / National Defense Service Medal

DSCI0223.jpg

DSCI0224.jpg

A 3 Place Mini Medal Bar

Bronze Star Medal (With "V" and one Oak Leaf) / Air Medal / Army Commendation Medal (one Oak Leaf)

DSCI0225.jpg

DSCI0226.jpg

a 3 place Mini Medal Bar

Army Commendation Medal (one Oak Leaf) / Army Achievement Medal / Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal

DSCI0227.jpg

DSCI0228.jpg

Very nice!  You have some outstanding groups in your collection.  I am most impressed by the Occupation Medal with the Airlift device.  There are not too many of those!

15 hours ago, Paul R said:

Very nice!  You have some outstanding groups in your collection.  I am most impressed by the Occupation Medal with the Airlift device.  There are not too many of those!

Yes, Berlin Airlift devices are scarce.  Something about this one just does not feel right to me though.  Miniature medal sets are worn on mess dress uniforms. [Although they can also be worn on civilian formal attire (e.g. tuxedo) or other civilian attire for occasions like Veterans Day after retiring or leaving military service].  Mess dress uniforms are quite expensive; so, in my experience, usually senior NCOs or officers have those in their closet.  And with that rank, I would expect more decorations.  I suppose this could be a vet who was proud of his Berlin Airlift service, especially since he has missed having WW2 campaign medals to add to the bar, but I have doubts about this one.

To be honest, I'm not convinced about the other Army bars with only three medals.  They seem incomplete to me...  They could be only one row of authorized decorations, but I have my doubts that hey stand alone as they are.

Not every US Officer had a chest full of medals.

The Airlift bar - ok plausible. Maybe just the top bar. 

The bronze star bar - its a vietnam era bar.  A friend of me has the 2nd rowrow. 

The other 3 placer are legit and missing nothing. As you can see they are taylor made ones. 

I add some pictures. ;)

1-watada.jpg

IMG_20160306_183156.jpg