News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Persia - Order of Aftab - Queen Victoria's insignia

James Hoard

Some while ago now we had a lot of discussion over this order, and whether or not a star formed part of the original insignia, when the order was first created.

I have finally found a picture with Queen Victoria wearing all her Persian decorations. The Order of the August Portrait around her neck, as well as the sash and star of the Order of Aftab.

566019be17db6_article-1016129-048061CB00

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04/21/article-1016129-048061CB0000044D-856_233x423_popup.jpg

Unfortunately the original posts on the Aftab got mixed up with a discussion on the Order of the Lion and Sun, and the whole thread was diverted to that topic. So I am posting this here anew.

Cheers,

James

Have  actually seen the Aftab set in Windsor castle, which she was given when Nasr-ed-Din visited Britain in 1873. There us also a nice medal issued by the city of London to commemorate the banquet held in his honour in the Guildhall.

Paul