News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OPINION REGARDING LEGION OF HONOUR BADGE

Graf

Hi.

I recently added to my collection a nice reduced size of Legion of Honour badge

It has all the features of Second Republic with the exception that it came with a crown.I assume it is a hybrid between two periods, which is relatively  common for the Legion of Honour badges

I can not identify the period of the crown. My guess is a July Monarchy Period. Neither the ribbon ring or the crown are marked..Opinion needed regarding the crown

The size of the Badge is L -45 mm with the crown and W- 29mm

pictures provided of the Badge and also of full size Standard badge from Second Republic Period

Graf

Medals 238.jpg

Medals 239.jpg

original 6.jpg

original 7.jpg

Thank you for the opinions

Paul made a good point.

It is one of the "Hybrid" Orders, which reflects the dynamics of that times.

By the way the cross is marked with "boar head" on the usual spot at the very bottom (on the obverse)

Regards

Graf

Given relatively frequent changes of regime in France during the first half of the 19th century one comes across a number of hybrids Napoleon/1st Restoration, Napoleon/2nd Restoration,2nd Restoration/July Monarchy, your type, Presidency/Napoleon III.

I suspect some of our French members may be aware of other hybrids.

Paul

Merry Christmas and Thank you for the comments

I have those 1st Empire 1/2 size Badges, which in my opinion are hybrids

The first one is Second  Model, however I was told that it is First Model cross with Second Model crown

Size of the badge is  L-33 mm  W - 21 mm

Second Badge is Fourth Model --again I think that the crown looks like Third  Model

Size of the badge is L - 42 mm  W- 28 mm

I agree with Bison, that the Hybrids could be random, however most of them are sequential

Regards

Graf

003.JPG

004.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

Edited by Graf