News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question about Matt Weiss

kasle

Interesting EK2 + SWB document set to one soldier. Mainly wound badge document looks interesting to my untrained eyes. Is it normal to see "silver" grade of wound badge officialy described in award document as "mattweiss"?

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thank you for responses.

Yes, dates are interesting as well, mainly the fact that he fought on Western and Eastern front as well (Lipica Dolna is in present western Ukraine). I just thought dates are more common to see as there is preprint column for these.

These can sometimes be confusing as the unit at the time of the wound is not specified. I have one to a guy in the 16th Bavarian reserve Inf Regiment, wounded at Douaumont (Verdun) in 1916. The Regiment was nowhere near Verdun during the war. Only when i got is records did I see he had transfered to the regiment long after the wound, but the document was issued much later by the 16th.