News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lt. Colonel of State Security/Police Damba Dorj

Bob

1) Badge of the Excellent Border Guard with the paperback document. The certificate is dated 1995 with the signature of Commander of Border Guard Troops Major General P. Sundev.

2) Honorary Badge of the Civil Defense of MPR with the red leather document. The  certificate is dated 1974 with the signature of Chief of Department of Civil Defense of MPR Lt. General J. Jamyan

3) Badge of the 60th anniversary of Mongolian Pioneer Organisation with the paperback document. Awarded in 1985 and signed by the Chairwoman of Mongolian Pioneer Organisation Ch. Tserendulam

4) Badge of the care-taker of the Young Generation with the document. Awarded in 2010.

5) Leather cover document of the Honorary Badge of the Mongolian Red Cross Society. Awarded in 2008. The badge is missing. Interestingly the Mongolian Red Cross used the earlier and thus outdated documents. They simply glued new page and used the old doc cover.

6) Document of the Honorary badge of the Mongolian trade union. Awarded in 2005.  The badge is missing.

7) Document of the Badge of Master of Sports of Mongolia in Mountain Climbing. Awarded in 2003 by the Altai Mountain Climbing Club.  The badge is missing.

8) Entry Pass to access Soviet stores in the compound of Soviet Military units located in Mongolia. The document has the picture of Lt.Colonel D. Damba as of 1981. The pass prolonged till the end of 1981 and 1982.

9) The credentials of the delegate to MPRP Congress from Sukhbaatar province.The dark blue colored document is dated May 13, 1971.

10) The ID document of the correspondent/journalist of the "Care-taker" newspaper under the Ministry of Military Affairs and Public Security of MPR. Date Feb 17, 1959. The doc reads "Reporter Damba Dorj has a right to access the labor camps and prisons for the purpose of taking interviews. Signed by the Editor of the newspaper.

11) Last but not least, Motorbike driving license belonging to Dorj. The license bears the photo of younger Dorj in his military uniform. the license issued by decree #25 on June 7, 1957 from the Department of Traffic Police.

=============================

Here is also the translation of the bio of Colonel Dorj from a book. Dorj was in fact awarded the Order of Sukhbaatar. It looks like that he had an impressive service and a man of many talents.

"Colonel Damba Dorj was born in Bayan-Ovoo county of Bayankhongor province in 1923. He graduated from the Central School of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in 1947. Colonel Dorj also graduated from the School under the Committee of State Security of USSR and the Party University respectively. He holds the profession of a lawyer.

From 1947-1967, he served as the officer and later senior officer of Ministry of Internal Affairs at the Border guard unit #6, the officer at the Division of the Ministry of Public Security in Bayankhongor province, the officer at the Central HQ of the same Ministry and officer of the Special Division for Armed Forces. From 1967-1989, he headed the prisons in Bat-Ulziit County and Avrdrant County. He also headed the Central Prison.

Colonel Dorj was awarded the Order of Sukhbaatar, the Order of the Red Banner of Military Valor and the Order of Combat Valor. He was also decorated with the Honorary Medal of Combat, Jubilee medals, the Honorary Chekist Badge, the Badge of Outstanding Employee of Correctional Service and the Badge of the Excellent Border Guard.     

Colonel Dorj has served as the Head of the detention facilities for 22 years and he has contributed enormously to the strengthening of the human resources of the correctional units. He was known to the public as the “grey headed colonel of correctional services”.

Colonel D. Dorj recalls “ I took part in the border skirmishes in the western part of Mongolia at the end of 1940s. One day, a unit of ten soldiers including me received an order to apprehend a group of 7 Kazakh bandits that plundered and robbed a herder household. We have managed to catch up with the bandits and shot one of them.  The remaining bandits had no choice but to flee and find a refuge beyond the state border.

I was appointed as the Head of the prison in Bat-Ulzii County in 1967. Since then, I have devoted my entire life to the cause of the correctional services of Mongolia. I have headed the Bat-Ulzii prison for five years and then I was appointed as the Head of the Central Prison. I worked there for 10 years. 1982, I was tasked to build a maximum security Avdrant Prison and the Special Prison. During my service at Avdrant Prison, I initiated and implemented a project on building a stone and rock processing plant there.  It became the largest plant of such kind in Mongolia. The Avdrant Prison was a compound of many buildings that included the prison building, the plant building, an office building and the personnel residences.  I am still proud of my younger colleagues like Colonel Sandagsuren, Lt. Colonel Munkhjargal, Lt. Colonel Baatarjav, Major Tumurbaatar, Sergeant Gunchin and others.       "

“People remembered by their deeds” compiled by the Veterans’ Committee of Correctional Services of Mongolia. Published in Ulaanbaatar in 2007. Pages 20-21. 

DD 1.jpg

DD2.jpg

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG