News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Nicholas I badge, jeton?

Alpha Draconis

I asked my friend Nik Nik about this.  Here is what he had to say:

It is part (the central detail) from a sign  of the Life Guards Sankt  Petersburg Regiment. I send you the description of a sign and its photo. The detail shown at a forum causes in me suspicion in authenticity as, brands on it don't correspond to the period of production of a sign. Such brands used in the 19th century, and a sign started doing after 1910.

I don't comment on his explanations because a) he knows so much more than I do, and b) he is very seldom in error.  For me (only), if he says that's what it is then that's what it is.  Also keep in mind that English is his 7th (I think) language.  Plus, he is a very, very good guy.

Enjoy!

Cross2.thumb.jpg.55a6afd5458ae74fd6cd2ecCross1.thumb.jpg.c585ffcaec4b8e246c1db12Cross1.thumb.jpg.c585ffcaec4b8e246c1db12

Hello Chuck

Thank you for your reply and thanks for your friend Nik Nik too and wish you all the best in this year!!

About the item, my first taught was that this is the center piece of this badge, but year is totally wrong, there is no hole/holes in the eagle chest to hold the letter E, and why hallmark part of the badge when you hallmark the back of the whole badge??? So I taught it was maybe some older jeton or something...

Thank you Chuck one more, and can you please ask your expert friend about Odessa artillery graduation badge I posted few days earlier?? You may respond that on the Odessa badge topic or you can p.m me, I have to ask you something else privately...

Best regards

Joseph