News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French medals for service in the Middle East and North Africa: Post yours!

WPS2018

Hey guys!

New to the forum but I was curious to see what you guys may have in terms of French medals for service in the Middle East and North Africa. I only have two medals, one for the 1956 Suez War and the other for service in Lebanon. 

I'm interested to see what you guys have! Whether that be mounted medal bars, singles, or identified groups

Cheers!

- Nick

Hello Nick and welcome to this forum !

The 1956 Suez War medal you refer to would be this one, I think :FV026-MiddleEast-1.jpgFV026-MiddleEast-2.jpg

Its official name is "Médaille Commémorative Française des Opérations du Moyen-Orient" (The French Commemorative Medal for the Middle-East Operations).

I'm not quite sure which is the medal for service in Lebanon that you refer to. Perhaps the Overseas Service Medal with "LIBAN" clasp ?

FM002-Outre3bar-1.JPG

Regards & Best wishes for 2016,

Hendrik

Edited by Hendrik

From the same London maker, the Commemorative Medal for Syria-Cilicia and its pre-WW2 French manufacture with the WW2 Vichy regime bar "Levant 1941" :

FV079-LevantLond-1.JPGFV084-SyrCilicia-1.JPG

The Medal of Honour for Epidemics, Algerian model, bronze class. This one is named to a R. Hermitte.

FBM003-EpidAlg-1.JPGFBM003-EpidAlg-4.JPG

Edited by Hendrik