News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Award dates of Prinz Leopold von Bayern

All I found is that he received his EK2 as a commander of battery during Battle of Sedan (1. September 1870).
    He was awarded EK1 1870 for his deeds during Battle for Beauvert between 8. and 10. December as Major.
    Probably he received it on 11. December, when he was also promoted to commander of 3rd Artillery Regiment.

Edited by kasle

Ingo,

the award of the EK2 was gazetted in the Bavarian Militär-Verordnungsblatt No 53 of 30 September 1870. Royal permission was given to wear the decoration by the King of Bavaria on 26 September 1870 and promulgated by an order dated 29 September 1870.

The award of the EK1 was gazetted in the Bavarian Militär-Verordnungsblatt No 5 of 24 January 1871 with Royal permission to wear the decoration by the King of Bavaria given on 18 January 1871.

Regards

Glenn

Ingo,

as a result of the deliberations of the Ordenskapital sitting om 30 December 1870, The King awarded Prinz Leopold the Ritterkreuz of the Militär-Max-Joseph-Orden on 7 January 1871 (effective 1 December 1870). The order was published in the Bavarian Militär-Verordnungsblatt No 6 of 26 January 1871 per order dated 25 January 1871.

Regards

Glenn

• 3 years later...
    On 20/01/2016 at 22:17, Ingo said:

Now finally only the dates for his EK II und EK I for the war of 1914/1918 are missing.

Are you sure he got any 1914 Iron Crosses besides the Grand Cross? That would be unusual, to say the least, and I cannot find much to back this up. Do you have some source that claims he got both classes of the EK twice? I have some doubts about this claim, to be honest.