News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Your thoughts on this unusual award. I know what it is supposed to be but?

Gordon Craig

The more I look at this, the more I go hmmmmmmmmmm.......almost like a piece of Coro had a tughra inner core added. Yet, too complex and nice- and unique to be costume jewelry methinks.

Owain? Owain?

By the way Gordon, how's the Hungarian collecting going? I had lunch with one of Pal Mater's' insurgent body guards yesterday.  He has an album of unpublished photos of '56- before Andropov dropped the hammer. 

Hello Gordon , 

That piece which you pictured is once up on a time ( better to say "was" ) a 5 th class original Ottoman Mint made Medjidie .

but one of the most tired example i saw in my life ... Many things happened to it , it is nothing related with coro ... It is not German later made , it is Ottoman made one .... Then first it lost his crescent and star , his enamels are nearly all broken and then re-painted again ( not re-enamelled ) ... Meanwhile some body or the owner decide to add a pin to the back to hang it or use it as a brooch maybe ... They also cut the loop where the crescent and star connecting from it's silver body ...

and so on ...

best Wishes , 

Avsar Ibar