News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Map of the Fight at Carrizal 21 June 1916 Mexican Expedition

Mike Blake

Does anyone know if one exists, and if  so, where I might be able to obtain a copy?

This is one action where there is a view from both sides of the fight by men who were actually there, enabling a composite narrative to be presented in a balanced way. The two accounts  I have are 1st Capt Daniel Gonzales, The Fight at Carrizal (typed MS translation by C C Clendenen in his Collected Papers, Hoover Institution) and Capt Lewis S Morey, The Fight at Carrizal, Journal of the US Cavalry Association XXVII Jan 1917.

If anyone knows of any other primary sources I would be very grateful for the details. 

Any help you are able to give will, of course, be acknowledged in the book on the armies of the Mexican Revolution

Many thanks

Thanks Speagle. I actually visited the museum at Huachuca a couple of years ago on an Apache Indian tour - great little place. I have tried contacting them on the email address the list but it doesn't work, unfortunately.

Edited by Mike Blake