News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice 1940 Holland Related Citation

The first item of 2016 was this set to a member of 22 Infanterie-Division who took part in the invasion of The Netherlands in 1940 as a member of Inf.Rgt-16. 

What I like about the EK II citation, awarded 18th May 1940, is not only the decorative effort put in on the details but also that it has been signed & authorised at the Regimental level which is something seen very rarely as EK's were meant to be authorised at the Divisional level and above. The exceptions tend to be 1940-41 Grossdeutschland and some 1941 Crete related Fallschirmjäger awarded examples.

This example is signed by future General der Gebirgstruppe and Swords winner Hans Kreysing.

The set also comes with two other citations, his award pages from his Soldbuch and his Schwerkriegsbeschädigtenausweis.

56acc9b1f0871_Hollmann(1).thumb.jpg.fd2556acc9b68934b_Hollmann(2)-signedbyHansKr56acc9ba7e95d_Hollmann(3).thumb.jpg.32d256acc9c34ed13_Hollmann(4).jpg.fe408b229f56acc9cbd748a_Hollmann(5).jpg.0094501337

Edited by hucks216

Seemingly so. With a set like this you could say that maybe the Silver Wound Badge citation is missing etc but as the Soldbuch pages are present it proves that he was indeed only awarded a Black Wound Badge. I wonder if the ausweis relates to a non-combat (homefront) or non-front line injury?