News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French Medals for Operations in North Africa

WPS2018

Hey guys!

As you may know I collect militaria pertained to the Middle East and North Africa, whether that be from countries in the Middle East or elsewhere.

For some reason I've been on a roll this past week with French medals. Basically jumpstarted a collection.

I'm focusing on North Africa Security and Order Operations Commemorative Medals (Médaille Commémorative des Opérations de Sécurité et de Maintien de l'Ordre en Afrique du Nord) along with related medal bars and other medals.

I took the liberty of posting the seller's pictures as I am away for college and it will be some time before I can go back home to take pictures.

- Nick

First one: North Africa and Order Operations medal with a clasp for Algeria which includes the ribbon bar.

FrenchMedal1.jpg

FrenchMedal2.jpg

Second: Same medal but with a clasp for Morocco

FrenchMedal3.jpg

FrenchMedal4.jpg

Third: Another medal with a clasp for Algeria

FrenchMedal5.jpg

The National Federation for Combatant Prisoners of War and Combatants of Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco  Medal

FrenchMedal7.jpg

I believe this is the French North Africa Medal with a clasp for Tunisia. Although, I am curious to know if there were any clasps authorized for this medal.

FrenchMedal10.jpg

FrenchMedal11.jpg

All I'm waiting for now is one with a Tunisia and Mauritania bar. I might have the possibility to obtain a medal with Algeria, Tunisia, and Morocco bars, however, I'll post pictures if I do decide to purchase it. I am also interested in obtaining medal bars with this medal on it, however, the opportunity hasn't surfaced.

I'll be focusing on North Africa for awhile. I hope to complete a collection of these medals (meaning 4 medals with individual clasps, multi-bar medals, and a few mounted medal bar examples) and then move on to the 1909 commemorative medal for Morocco, the Spanish medalsl for the Rif War and Morocco, and then seek out Colonial medals with Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia clasps.

Edited by WPS2018

Hi Nick,

I can confirm the Médaille d'Afrique du Nord does not have any authorized bars at all.

The similarly looking Médaille de Reconnaissance de la Nation (Medal of National Gratitude) has 5 official bars : 1914-1918, 1939-1945, INDOCHINE, OPERATIONS EXTERIEURES and AFRIQUE DU NORD.

Regards,

Hendrik