News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Why not Paul? I think there is a MVO Ritter 2nd class in last position.

Kind regards
    Andreas

Given that it is in fact a BMV3b in last position and that our subject is neither a medical officer nor wearing the uniform of a military official and that the photograph was in all probability taken in the 1870s, then the combination is not common at all. Again, if we exclude Zeugoffiziere (he appears to be wearing an infantry officers' uniform), the field really narrows down to one or two possibilities. At the moment, I tending towards Seconde-Lieutenant der Landwehr Karl Wenzelmann. My only reservation, is that I cannot tie him to Berlin.

Regards

Glenn

11 hours ago, Stogieman said:

I know the second place medal is the 1864 NC Cross, but what are the other medals on this bar???

Can anyone help?

Here's photo 2, another new one. What is the second medal? Hohenzollern?

new1870pair1b.png

Hi Stogieman,

I think that it´s the Roter Adler Orden Medaille on the Hohenzollern ribbon.

Regards
    Andreas

2 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Stogieman,

I think that it´s the Roter Adler Orden Medaille on the Hohenzollern ribbon.

Regards
    Andreas

Unfortunately that will not help in identifying him. This particlular medal is not listed in the Prussian army lists and therefore he could be one of many junior Prussian medical officers with an EK2 on the white band.

Regards

Glenn

On 11.2.2016 at 06:43, Glenn J said:

Given that it is in fact a BMV3b in last position and that our subject is neither a medical officer nor wearing the uniform of a military official and that the photograph was in all probability taken in the 1870s, then the combination is not common at all. Again, if we exclude Zeugoffiziere (he appears to be wearing an infantry officers' uniform), the field really narrows down to one or two possibilities. At the moment, I tending towards Seconde-Lieutenant der Landwehr Karl Wenzelmann. My only reservation, is that I cannot tie him to Berlin.

Regards

Glenn

I would guess it is him , too. He was working as a Magazin-Rendant and Proviant-Meister and changed between the Armee-Korps.... one year he was assigned to the IV. , one year to the X. ..... why not visiting Berlin sometime ;)

Dr Böhr (Boehr's) entry in the Stammliste of the Kaiser-Wilhelm's Academy. As can be seen from his entry and of course his medals, he was a veteran of both the wars of 1866 and 1870/71. It is fortunate that the good doctor's name was annotated on the rear as this combination of awards would have made an ID otherwise impossible.

Regards

Glenn

Boehr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...