News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

superb Imperial Police group

Dear Forum Just thought I'd share a new acquisition which has grown even more impressive in the last few days. I recently purchased from auction a nice condition pair of medals the BWM Delhi Durbar medal to Captain John Lindsay Stronach. I believed the name was sufficiently uncommon to offer good research potential. I was not wrong!

John Lindsay Stronach was born in Canada educated in England married in India and served with the Imperial Police Service and was commissioned into the war raised and short lived 2nd/131st United Provinces Battalion Indian Army. (raised from punjab police volunteers). Returning to the police after WW1 Stronach rose to Superintendent before retiring. Returning to the UKforhisretirement.

I Was horrified when research began as realised that due to not reading the catalogue properly I had in fact missed Captain Stronach's insignia including some very nice hallmarked Silver items earlier in the auction!

After a quick call to the auction house I was put in touch with the buyer and yesterday we completed a deal which means that I have been able to reunite all Superintendent Stronach's medals and insignia. Thanks to Ancestry I also have a picture of my man!

DSC_0145_20160219210508737_zpswctsxubt.j

bettye_zpsjstrmt2v.jpg

Best regards Paul

10 minutes ago, Uffz. Rohleder said:

Very nice and good job keeping them together!

Thanks I was very lucky the insignia buyer was a gentleman who understood the reason I wanted to keep everything together.

Edited by kingsman64

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you are the same person selling it, but if not, this item has just appeared on eBay... it appears to be the same JL Stronach's own officer's storage box...!!

$_57 (1).JPG

Edited by pabzlito
    additional info

Wow thanks for pointing that out    pabzlito yes it is the same officer. Oh I wish I had the space to store that trunk I would have it in a flash.

Too big for my little den!

I have told J L STRONACH's nephew about the item it may end up back with the family!

Best regards Paul