News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lets see your Soviet Civil Awards Groups

I think that the Soviet labor awards are among the most beautiful and under-appreciated of the Soviet inventory.  I really do not see a lot of the groups around.  Let's see what you have!  I will start with my double ORBL set.  Of all the labor awards, this is the most attractive to me. 

ORBL.jpg

ORBL1.jpg

And a nice OL to a woman.  

Now, let's see some of yours.  I will post more later. 

Lenin.jpg

Lenin1.jpg

This is my only Labor group, but its quite neat.

Order of the October Revolution, Order of the Red Star, OGPW 1st class 1985 jubilee version, Medal for Victory over Germany, Medal for Meritorious Labor during  the Great Patriotic War, Medal Veteran of Labor and the usual Jubilee Medals to

Ivan Semenovich Mukhin

He served as a private in the war and was wounded several times, which he got his ORS for, awarded pretty late in 1968. The nice thing about this group is, that it includes a photo from the 80ies i suppose and his Party book with an older photo of him. I have the documents to the OOR, ORS and the OGPW, the docs to the medals are sadly missing.Mukhin1.jpg.76804455d2e0d0bf0d46759789aa

Mukhin2.thumb.jpg.9e92e591edd66302b52d24Mukhin3.thumb.jpg.08bf56152511b21d1c04f6Mukhin4.thumb.jpg.0f4298a62e0bec8c63485dMukhin6.jpg.d8c0b42c30316e3ee907a14d4cc2Mukhin5.thumb.jpg.68b58bb16eb57e9ee8c756

Mukhin7.thumb.jpg.85f09675e6e0d4b4e1dc99

54 minutes ago, Gerd Becker said:

This is my only Labor group, but its quite neat.

Order of the October Revolution, Order of the Red Star, OGPW 1st class 1985 jubilee version, Medal for Victory over Germany, Medal for Meritorious Labor during  the Great Patriotic War, Medal Veteran of Labor and the usual Jubilee Medals to

Ivan Semenovich Mukhin

He served as a private in the war and was wounded several times, which he got his ORS for, awarded pretty late in 1968. The nice thing about this group is, that it includes a photo from the 80ies i suppose and his Party book with an older photo of him. I have the documents to the OOR, ORS and the OGPW, the docs to the medals are sadly missing.Mukhin1.jpg.76804455d2e0d0bf0d46759789aa

Mukhin2.thumb.jpg.9e92e591edd66302b52d24Mukhin3.thumb.jpg.08bf56152511b21d1c04f6Mukhin4.thumb.jpg.0f4298a62e0bec8c63485dMukhin6.jpg.d8c0b42c30316e3ee907a14d4cc2Mukhin5.thumb.jpg.68b58bb16eb57e9ee8c756

Mukhin7.thumb.jpg.85f09675e6e0d4b4e1dc99

Do you know where he got his OOR for?

1 hour ago, USSR said:

Do you know where he got his OOR for?

No, unfortunately i do not. His Red Star Citation mentions him being "active in public life", whatever that may mean, but no more information about his OOR sadly.

I found the old thread with the research, i have to this group:

33 minutes ago, Paul R said:

That is an outstanding group.   I wish that order was researchable.  He must have been a big person in his community.  

Thanks, Paul! :cheers:

Yeah i allways wondered, what exactly comrade Mukhin did for this OOR. 

Those are some great photos Gerd.  How did military personnel receive these awards?  Were they awarded while they were actually in the military, or are they wearing the uniforms after their service time was over, placing all awards they earned up to that point?

Thanks Paul. sadly i have no idea, how they received their awards. To your second question, I am not aware of any regulation that forbid to wear Labor awards during your active military service and i have seen quite a few photos of active military wearing Labor awards. The first photo is dated 1951, so i guess, this chap was still in service, I´ll try to find some more photos...

4 hours ago, Gerd Becker said:

A Senior Lt. with an Order of the Badge of Honor, i would guess a flatback.

He's a full Colonel, possibly of Signals. Nice photo!

Edited by Ferdinand

Gerd, thank you for the explanation.  I thought that only civilians received the Labor awards and that military members who wore them in uniform received them after their military service was over, in a civilian role.  

Here are a few additional groups.  There are some that do not like the bar on the left, but the ribbon wear and etc are consistent.  I think that it is good to go.  Either way, there is no way to know for sure.  

Badge of Honor.jpg

Order of Honor Group.jpg

RECK_Soviet_Ivan.jpg

Veteran of Labor medal set.jpg

Here is a set that includes a Veteran Laborer medal.  It is 90% military, but the one Labor medal makes it valid in my eyes. 

Soviet NCO Group.jpg

Thanks Ferdinand. I´m pretty bad with recognizing ranks and uniforms.

Paul. those are some nice little groups. I can imagine a labor veteran wearing the first medalbar, even if its a little bit unusually mounted. 

Is the Military Merit Medal numbered in the last group? When was it awarded?

Here are some of my ribbonbars. All of them are of the D-profile type and i believe they are all real.

Lets start with what i think is a double Red Banner of Labor and a meritious Labor in GPW medal:SovietLaborRB2.jpg.0f42946eaad099eafde9c

Next up is a slightly strange ribbonbar with a Lenin, Red Banner of Labor, and a meritious Labor in GPW:SovietLaborRB3.jpg.ea9025164b84dc2d2a5f0

This one has a Badge of honor:SovietLaborRB5.jpg.63ac6966e2408e2dcb705

Medal for Valiant Labor and Meritious Labor in GPW and Veteran of Labor:SovietLaborRB8.jpg.5479fe61416f5e1579599

Medal for Valiant Labor:SovietLaborRB7.jpg.48a1da8a4430b6dacf94c

and this one. Okay, its just a Veteran of Labor Medal but i really like it:SovietRB1.jpg.f9adf09cfbedca6f9d37f2099c

Edited by Gerd Becker

Thats interesting, Paul I got this one, awarded on the same day, also to a woman and just 7k off your s/n. 

You could be right with your long-service award hypotesis.ORBL474xxx.jpg.632a69f1079c569f2832c32bd

ORBL474xxxobv.thumb.jpg.ffac54826bb0017b

I´ll post a pic of the document tomorrow.

Edited by Gerd Becker

Gerd!  That is amazing.  I was talking with someone and they told me that there were a bunch of agricultural decrees initiated on this date, for long service.  Who knows- ours could be from the same decrees!

Here is another mixed military and labor set to Senior Sergeant Chiabrashvili, Iraklii Vasilevich; Order of Glory 3rd Class, Bravery Medal, Labor Merit, Victory over Germany, Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd Class(1985). assigned the mission to recon the lead edge of the ’s defense. Penetrating to the lead edge while under heavy enemy rifle and MG fire, Chiabrashvili obtained the necessary information about the enemy and captured two prisoners which he delivered to the Command Post. He displayed bravery while accomplishing his mission..

Order Labor Group.jpg

• 7 months later...

Order Book (#V701353) and Order of the Red Banner of Labor, #59434, large oval, issued to Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina on June 22nd, 1948, as inscribed in original presentation box, “Team Leader Sorokina A.D. awarded the Order of Red Banner of Labor for high rye crop in 1947.”

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina, box 1 v.2.jpg

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina obverse v.2.jpg

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina obverse detail v.2.jpg

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina reverse v.2.jpg

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina reverse detail v.2.jpg

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina, Order Book 1 v.2.jpg

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina, Order Book 2 v.2.jpg

Alexandra Danilovna Sorokina, Order Book 3.jpg

Document for the Medal and Medal for the Development of the Non-Black Earth Region of the USSR awarded to Aleksandr Sergeevich Yashkov on July 10th, 1986, facsimile signature of the Secretary (Neshkov) of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR.

Document for the Medal and Medal for Distinguished Labor awarded to Aleksandr Sergeevich Yashkov on August 29th, 1986, Serial #K353499.

medals.jpg

Non-Black Earth obverse 1.jpg

Non-Black Earth obverse.jpg

Non-Black Earth reverse 1.jpg

Non-Black Earth reverse.jpg

medals 2.jpg

Non-Black_Earth_Region_2.jpg

Distinguished_Labor_2.jpg

Distinguished_Labor_3.jpg

Documents group of Ivan Mikhailovich Chistyakov

Document for the Medal and Medal for the Development of the Petrochemical Complex of Western Siberia issued August 1st, 1980, facsimile signature of the Secretary (Neshkov) of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR.

Order Book (#L064900) issued November 10th, 1985 & Order of the Badge of Honor, #1518292, on October 31st, 1985.

medals obverse.jpg

medals reverse.jpg

Order Books.jpg

Badge of Honor 5a.jpg

Badge of Honor 6a.jpg

Ivan Mikhailovich Chistyakov.jpg