Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Paul R

Lets see your Soviet Civil Awards Groups

Finally remembered to post the correct group

460A2341-C71E-4B0D-839E-D0D07FC797AF.jpeg

70446363-0CED-45F0-BFD9-ADAFFEEA6ACB.jpeg

A nice military/civil combination.  I love those because they show a person's complete working career- military and after.  What are the missing awards?

On 19/08/2018 at 22:22, Sal said:

Finally remembered to post the correct group

Sal, some iffy news and some better news.

The iffy – something seems off about that group to me. Most glaring: in the order booklet, the 2 x Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class are in reverse serial number order and therefore in reverse chronological order. That doesn't make much sense. I also think the ink of the last three entries is suspect. In my experience, a hallmark of a concocted group is the presence of multiple, odd-looking entries after a perfectly legitimate one (the Order of the Red Banner).

I hope someone with fresher expertise will comment further. In the meantime, you could have the Order of the Red Banner researched in the archives. I searched the recipient's name on Podvig Naroda and did not get any hits...

The better  –

I found his name online as commissar of a partisan detachment. To me, that correlates with both the lack of a Podvig entry and the style of award booklet.

https://a-dyukov.livejournal.com/85810.html

Could be extremely interesting!

Red

Thank you for the great info and some knowledge about IDing spurious group items, some knowledge I didn’t have. I appreciate the short research, looks like one puzzle piece is placed. 

Best to you

Sal

Sal,

I'm sorry about the mixed news.  It is a good looking set though.

Eh what can you do, I agree it’s a nicely mounted set do all things being equal it’s good looking so it stays. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

In re-reading the data, the "better" news far outweighs the other side.  A partisan's group... WOW on any level.