News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Red Cross Medal

On 6 בספטמבר 2016 at 22:09, larsb001 said:

... A few more of the Bulgarian miniature, the first is a nice 18 ct gold example, the second a more humble bronze gilted badge ... 

B-RK-s.jpg

Hi Lars, 

can you let us know the size of your minis ? 

31 mm badge - miniature or prinzengrosse ? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 117
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these mini's was sold in DNW 

https://www.dnw.co.uk/auction-archive/lot-archive/lot.php?department=Medals&lot_id=244475 

An unusual group of eight miniature dress medals named to Dr. Cecil J. R. MacFadden

Order of the British Empire, 1st type, Officer’s (O.B.E.) Civil Division, Order of St. John, silver and enamel; Coronation 1911, St. John’s Ambulance Brigade; British Red Cross Society Medal for the Balkan Wars 1912-13, 1 clasp, Bulgaria, with top bar, ‘Balkan Allies War 1913’, silver-gilt and enamel, reverse inscribed, ‘Dr. Cecil MacFadden’; St. John Service Medal; Bulgaria, Order of Civil Merit, 5th Class with crown, silver, gold and enamel, mounted as worn, second and last with some enamel damage; together with Bulgaria, Red Cross Honour Badge, silver-gilt and enamel; Queen Eleonora Cross 1912-13, silver and enamel, very fine and better except where stated 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

"... copied photograph of MacFadden wearing his first six medals..." 

different mini's 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 14:09, Graf said:

couple of more minis

Sadly not mine

plus a Badge similar to New World ==again not mine -was sold on Ebay last year

Medals 25 Mar 14_680_Internet Image 1.jpg

622927246_o.jpg

622927267_o.jpg

622927356_o.jpg

I never see that box, super quality badge

• 2 weeks later...
    11 hours ago, Igor Ostapenko said:

But why Badge on hungarian ribbon ? :) 

I was wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, this is not the only decoration with incorrect ribbon at this museum. There are many such examples, including whole bars. :wacky:

Edited by ilieff

On 21 באוגוסט 2016 at 19:05, Igor Ostapenko said:

http://epicenter.bg/article/Edinenieto-pravi-silata-velikoto-narodno-delo/80281/11/61

Уникален и единствен по рода си червен кръст – знак от 1885 г.

1441533887.jpg

may be anybody from Sofia know Rumen Manov and can ask better pictures of this badge?

Румен Манов, историк 

Всички снимки и предмети на участници в Съединението са на историка Румен Манов – собственик на столичната галерия „Нерон“, и са предоставени от него на epicenter.bg

My daughter sent my question to Mr. Manov, but not receive ansvere ... 

My friend from Bulgaria send me pictures of box for this Badge , and for information - Badge was sold for 2500 Euro :) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    On 7 בספטמבר 2016 at 17:58, Igor Ostapenko said:

In collection of Imperial War Museum 

image.jpeg

I'm ready to pay for pictures, but not creasy money ! 

From IWM answere - " ... Unfortunately, we do not currently have any images of OMD 5225 which we can supply you with.
    If you still wished to acquire images of this medal, we would have to perform new photography which would be at a charge of £50 per image on top of any normal image supply fees..." 

May be it's Queen Victoria badge !? 

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30011203

"... medal Circular gold medal with a crown above. The centre bears a red crosson a cloth red, green and white background... " 

may be anybody can receive from IWM pictures of badge not for £50 ? 

Hi Igor,

I do not currently live in Bulgaria and cannot pay regular visits to the museum. :(

Plus, it will take some time as I've asked if they have ready photographs and they said 'No!'. Taking photographs of the awards would also involve money.

Ilieff

Edited by ilieff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi New World,

I have few Red Cross Badges and Bulgarian Orders that are marked with this sign. Actually if you look one of my badges is similar as eMedals badge and is marked with the same sign

The sign means that the Badge is made from Brass There are fe Bulgarian Orders -Austrian made - that are marked with this sign

Many war time Austrian Orders were made from brass and marked with the star,or more correctly called asterisk(*)  sign and were considered as temporary awards that later were replaced with corresponding correct gold or silver gilded ones

Graf

$T2eC16N,!)kE9s4Z-vOHBQ6fb1RtDg~~60_3.JPG

Picture 697.jpg

017.JPG

018.JPG

Edited by Graf

Thank you Graf.

I have few awards with the asterisk as well.

One of them is St Alexander 4th class from Boris period. It's well made award, so I am not sure your theory about them being temporary ones is valid. What would they be replaced with? Perhaps asterisk means something else...