News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's a bit tardy but, I finally got around to taking some photos today.  The OMSA Convention in August was smaller than in recent years but, there were still finds to be made.  Day one netted these cased pieces from Schwarzburg-Sonderhausen and Saxony:

DSCF0153.JPG

DSCF0154.JPG

DSCF0155.JPG

Day 2 netted 2 Waldeck pieces:

DSCF0156.JPG

DSCF0157.JPG

18 minutes ago, Gerd Becker said:

Very nice, Beau. I allways thought, the Schwarzburg-Sonderhausen awards look very appealing. One of my favourites.

I'm a fan of this award too.  And you have one in the case.  Very nice.

All four of your awards are VERY nice pieces!  :love:

17 minutes ago, Streptile said:

Interesting Godet case.

According to my research, J. Godet moved from the Schloßfreiheit address in about 1891, so that can date the case and perhaps also the piece, if that's possible.

That's interesting.  The only info I have is the Jacobs book, which mentions a couple of later addresses but not this one.  You can learn something every day on this site. 

Schlossfreiheit 4 was the first address of Godet company in Berlin. Jean Godet rented this building in 1761 and bought it to his possession in 1793 (February 19). Company Godet left the Schlossfreiheit in 1893. In June 1894, this street was demolished to free the space for Kaiser´s Wilhelm I. Natonal Memorial.

This photo of Schlossfreiheit street is from 1892 and Godet company still can be seen there (on total left).

Schlossfreiheit_1892.jpg

Edited by kasle