Jump to content
Gentleman's Military Interest Club
LarryT

Kriegsmarine Speciality Badges in Wear

Recommended Posts

Thanks guys.:)

Still a very long way to go. Seems to be harder these days to find new patches. Concentrating on cloth at the moment.

Cheers,

Larry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 23:01, LarryT said:

Thanks guys.:)

Still a very long way to go. Seems to be harder these days to find new patches. Concentrating on cloth at the moment.

Cheers,

Larry

You have some very Nice speciality  badges.Looking forward to see Your Collection GROWING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

 

Thanks for comment LarryT!

This photo i frome a year ago.

                                               Turret Gun Chief until 1940.

 

 

 

Best,MHP.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice photo showing Gun Turret Chief with I think 3 years service (I can only see one chevron).:) Hard to find this type of specialty patch in photos.

Here is the same combination from my collection but is Gun Turret Chief with 6 years service.

Cheers,

Larry

 

img299wer.jpg

Edited by LarryT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LarryT said:

Very nice photo showing Gun Turret Chief with I think 3 years service (I can only see one chevron).:) Hard to find this type of specialty patch in photos.

Here is the same combination from my collection but is Gun Turret Chief with 6 years service.

Cheers,

Larry

 

img299wer.jpg

Glad you like my photo.Yes there is only one Chevron.Thanks for sharing these combination With us.

 

Cheers,Morten HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a trade badge, but the badge of lower deck personnel of the NDL (Norddeutscher Lloyd), the shipping company which exploited some of the the KdF (Kraft durch Freude) ships, also when they were transferred into Hospital Ships.

This guy was a NCO of the holliday cruiser "Berlin", also when she wore the Red Cross. The badge shows a crossed clear anchor and key (the Key is in the crest of the City of Bremen, the base of the NDL). His black velvet collar denotes engine Room Staff.

@KaF Schiff Berlin (1).jpg

Edited by Odulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 10:16, Martin W said:

Merry Christmas to you Morten.

Good hunting for more photo's in the New Year.

All the best from California.

Martin.

Thanks.Hunting evry day my friend!

On ‎24‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 17:02, Odulf said:

Not a trade badge, but the badge of lower deck personnel of the NDL (Norddeutscher Lloyd), the shipping company which exploited some of the the KdF (Kraft durch Freude) ships, also when they were transferred into Hospital Ships.

This guy was a NCO of the holliday cruiser "Berlin", also when she wore the Red Cross. The badge shows a crossed clear anchor and key (the Key is in the crest of the City of Bremen, the base of the NDL). His black velvet collar denotes engine Room Staff.

@KaF Schiff Berlin (1).jpg

Never seen this before.Very interesting and thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice photo,Odulf. I have also not seen this badge in wear in a photo.

Here is an Officer Candidate with Machinist career patch in wear.

Cheers,

Larry

img1141.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 02:45, LarryT said:

Nice photo,Odulf. I have also not seen this badge in wear in a photo.

Here is an Officer Candidate with Machinist career patch in wear.

Cheers,

Larry

img1141.jpg

Wow.very Nice.Thanks for posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice photo Odulf, thanks for posting it here.:)

Here is a Press Photo (dated 5-6-39) showing Grossadmiral Raeder awarding a Wound Medal to a crew member of Panzerschiff Deutschland.

Note the wearing of a Geschutzfuhrer T (Turmgeschutz) specialty patch. This patch was discontinued in 1940.

Cheers,

Larry 

 

img121b.jpg

Back of photo.

img122.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting press photo Larry, thanks for sharing. I think Reader is not distributing the Verwundetenabzeichen but the Spanienkreuz.

The text says (translated)

Presenting the badge of honour, as instituted by the Führer, to the volunteers in Döberitz Camp.

Grand-Admiral Raeder issues the wounded of the Armoured Ship Deutschland, the award of honour, as instituted by the Führer.

The Wound Badge was (re) instituted on 1 september 1939, three months later.

Edited by Odulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Odulf said:

Interesting press photo Larry, thanks for sharing. I think Reader is not distributing the Verwundetenabzeichen but the Spanienkreuz.

The text says (translated)

Presenting the badge of honour, as instituted by the Führer, to the volunteers in Döberitz Camp.

Grand-Admiral Raeder issues the wounded of the Armoured Ship Deutschland, the award of honour, as instituted by the Führer.

The Wound Badge was (re) instituted on 1 september 1939, three months later.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,

Larry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these are HK Hilfskreuzer Pinguin Survivors at a ceremony in the 1970s. From an album which includes many older photos and one negative. The negative appears to be a portrait with the medal being worn and I will post it here as soon as I can get it developed.

IMG_20161230_0008 (800x549).jpg

Edited by robmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×